Little Silver was incorporated as a town in 1923. During much of the life of the Parker Homestead it was part of Shrewsbury in a section which became known as Parkerville. Early settlers referred to the area as Rumson Neck. Today it is easy to find the homestead at 235 Rumson Road (which is part of Route 520) in Monmouth County, NJ.
It's a location that has always been easy to find, however. (Undoubtedly one of the attractions to the Parkers!) The Native Americans, just like us, enjoyed spending the summer at the shore fishing, gathering berries, and benefitting from the cooler temperatures around the water. They used the same route every time creating what historians later called the Burlington Highway. That Indian trail was then used by settlers and still forms the major route to the homestead today. The trail came down Sycamore Avenue, along Willow Avenue to Prospect and then Church Street to Rumson Road and on to the ocean.
Welcome to Navarumsunk as the Lenni-Lenape called the area!